Revision: July 18, 2018.
Tikkl has a simple zero-tolerance anti-spam policy. You may import email addresses and send emails only to people who have given you explicit permission to contact them. Sending spam from your Tikkl account will result in immediate suspension of your account. Note that this policy does not apply to transactional emails such as receipts and confirmation emails.
1. What is Spam?
Spam is unsolicited email also known as junk mail, or UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email). If you send any email in bulk (to more than a handful of recipients) to recipients who have not requested to receive it, it will be considered spam, regardless of the contents of the email.
2. Laws Restricting Spam.
There are numerous laws restricting spam, including the United States' CAN-SPAM Act, the Australian Spam Act of 2003, and other laws that may apply to your country, province, or state. Spamming is illegal; penalties can include a fine and/or imprisonment for up to 5 years. For more information, please visit Spam Laws at www.spamlaws.com.
3. Why we Fight Spam.
No one likes to receive unsolicited email and it is a burden on mail servers.
If we allowed a user to send unsolicited email through our mail servers or did not strictly enforce our Anti-Spam policy, our IP address and domain would be added to blacklists. Many Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and email filter services subscribe to these blacklists. All emails coming through a blacklisted server to subscribers whose ISP or mail filer subscribes to that blacklist will not be received. This affects all our users, not just the one who sent the original spam. Once on blacklists, it is very difficult and often impossible to get off.
4. Do not Spam. Take the Spam Test.
- Are you importing a purchased list of ANY kind? Purchased lists may not be used within the Tikkl system, regardless of the source or permission status.
- Are you sending emails to non-specific addresses such as: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or other general addresses?
- Are you sending emails to distribution lists or mailing lists which send indirectly to a variety of email addresses?
- Are you mailing to anyone who has not explicitly agreed to join your mailing list or network? An opt-in can occur either via a sign-up form on a web site, at a point-of-sale sign-up form, or on a physical sign-up sheet. Any opt-in form should include a clear description of what will be sent and how often it will be sent.
- Did you receive the list from another organization, broker, consultant, or friend? Remember, permission is not transferable. Individuals on the list need to have explicitly given you permission to contact them.
- Does your email's subject line contain false or misleading information?
If you have answered YES to ANY of the above questions your email will most likely be considered SPAM. For more information visit The Coalition Against Unsolicited Email at www.cauce.org or contact us at email@example.com.
5. How Tikkl Helps you be CAN-SPAM Compliant.
Tikkl is a permission-based event marketing tool that follows the strictest permission-based philosophies:
- Unsubscribe: Promotional emails you send through Tikkl contain an unsubscribe link which allows your contacts to opt-out of future emails and automatically updates your contact database.
- Identification: Tikkl verifies your email's "From" address to be valid and ensures that the email header information accurately identifies you as the sender.
- Contact Information: All your emails are pre-filled with your contact information, including your physical address when available.
6. Policy Enforcement.
We take strict measures to enforce our anti-spam policy that include, but not limited to, the following.
- We review and monitor large contacts data imports. This includes a review of the source, age, collection methods, and confirmation practices.
- We review messages sent to more than 5000 recipients and either will approve or reject it.
- We require users to agree to the following statement prior to each import: "I certify that all contacts granted their permission to be contacted by <Organization>."
- Every email, whether text or HTML, contains a mandatory unsubscribe/opt-out link at the bottom of the message. This unsubscribe link cannot be removed.
Sending spam from your Tikkl account will result in immediate suspension of your account. We may also impose fines to pay for the work it takes to restore your account to good standing. If you know of or suspect any violators, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Questions or Additional Information.
If you have questions regarding this policy or wish to obtain additional information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.